The Center for International Cooperation in Education Development (CICED) of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration was established in accordance with a decree of the Russian Federation issued on July 14, 2008. CICED’s aim is the coordination and execution of work on initiatives designed to help international development in education, particularly through aid to developing countries.
Initiatives were undertaken by the Russian Federation at the G8 summit in St. Petersburg in 2006, after which they were formulated in the concept framework of participation of the Russian Federation in international development aid. CICED’s general partner is the World Bank. CICED incorporates Russian and foreign experts in the field of international development aid in education.
CICED’s main objectives are:
- methodological and expert aid to the executive authorities of the Russian Federation in the creation of policy on international development assistance in education, primarily in developing countries;
- national capacity building, including through a national network of experts of the Russian educational community in the Russian and international programs in the field of international development assistance and aid to developing countries;
- promotion of Russian expertise in international programs in the field of international development aid in education and training;
- evaluating the performance of projects and programs in the field of international development aid;
- dissemination of objective information on development needs in education in the Russian expert, social and political consciousness;
- practical involvement in the implementation of Russian and international programs in the field of international development assistance in education;
- economic analysis of educational systems.
To solve these problems, CICED performs constant continuous research activities and carries out work in the following areas:
- development, support and practical implementation of projects to assess the quality of education, including education assessment tools
- organization of seminars, conferences and training in management and quality assessment
- development of Russian expertise in the field of education management
- establishing a communication platform of experts and a network of experts in the field of international development aid in education
- promotion of Russian development, consulting expertise and education abroad
- the provision of research grants and the implementation of Masters and other scholarship programs in educational management
During its existence, CICED has established a strong position as a network organization uniting Russian and foreign experts to assess the quality of education, educational policy and international development aid.